- Enabling Cortana
- Configuring Cortana Voice Search
- Searching with Cortana
- Discovering Cortana Features
- Searching for Files, Apps, and Settings
- Improving Web Searches with Cortana
- Teaching Cortana to Recognize Your Voice
- Using Cortana's Reminders
- Viewing a Reminder
- Turning Off Cortana
- Search Without Cortana
Turning Off Cortana
If you prefer not to use Cortana, you can avoid ever starting it by clicking or tapping Not interested when Cortana offers to set itself up. However, you can also turn off Cortana after you start using it. Here’s how.
- Click or tap Notebook.
Click or tap Settings.
Click or press and drag to Off to turn off Cortana.
Cortana is turned off, but you can still search online and include Web results.
- Click or tap to see available menu items.
If you want to use Cortana again, click or tap Try Cortana.