- Enabling Cortana
- Configuring Cortana Voice Search
- Searching with Cortana
- Discovering Cortana Features
- Searching for Files, Apps, and Settings
- Improving Web Searches with Cortana
- Teaching Cortana to Recognize Your Voice
- Using Cortana's Reminders
- Viewing a Reminder
- Turning Off Cortana
- Search Without Cortana
Windows 10’s Search includes a powerful new feature called Cortana. Cortana provides voice-activated search of both the Web and your device, can send you reminders, and works hard to discover what you like so you get better search results. However, you can also disable Cortana and use Search without it. Either way, this chapter shows you how to get the most from the enhanced search tools in Windows 10.
The first time you click the Search box, Cortana offers to help you find information and organize your life. Here’s how to get Cortana started.
Click or tap the Search box.
- If you don’t want to use Cortana services, click or tap Not interested.
To use Cortana, click or tap Next.
After reviewing how Cortana works, click or tap I agree to continue.
- Enter your preferred name or nickname.
Click or tap Next.
- Cortana opens its Home tab.
- Local and personal calendar information appears at the top of the pane.
- Selected news sources appear at the bottom of the pane.
Click or tap to search your system or the Web.