Working with the Assistant Menu
Your Samsung S6 or S6 Edge can be configured to display an Assistant menu, in the form of a round button that floats at the bottom right of every screen. When tapped, this button displays large icon shortcuts to key phone operations. The Assistant menu enables you to operate your phone with one hand.
Enable the Assistant Menu
The Assistant menu is disabled by default. When you enable the menu, there are several settings you can configure.
- Swipe down from the top of the screen to display the notification panel.
Tap Settings to display the Settings screen.
Scroll to the System section and tap Accessibility.
Tap Dexterity and Interaction to display the Dexterity and Interaction screen.
Tap Assistant Menu to display the Assistant Menu screen.
- Tap On the switch at the top of the screen.
- By default, the Assistant icon appears at the bottom right of the screen. To switch it to the left side, tap Dominant Hand and then select Left.
- To change or rearrange the items on the Assistant menu, tap Edit and then make your changes.
To include contextual menu options for selected applications in the Assistant menu, tap Assistant Plus and then toggle on those apps you want.
Use the Assistant Menu
When activated, the Assistant icon appears at one side at the bottom of your phone’s screen.
Tap the Assistant icon to display the Assistant panel.
- Scroll up or down to see more items.
Tap to launch an item.