Using the Health App
The Health app on your iPhone is the central hub for all your health data. This includes the data collected by your Apple Watch, but it also includes data collected by other health-related apps on your iPhone as well as other types of medical hardware such as scales and blood pressure monitors. Using the Health app gives you a much deeper understanding of your health, and helps you take steps to become healthier.
Tap the Health app icon.
- Swipe down to see more of your Dashboard.
- Tap Health Data to see granular information about the health data being gathered and shared with the Health app.
- Tap Sources to choose which devices and apps share their health data with the Health app, and which apps can read health data from the Health app.
- Tap Medical ID to create or edit your medical ID.
Tap Day, Week, Month, or Year to adjust the range for the Dashboard.
Choose Health Sources
You can choose to allow other apps on your iPhone to read information gathered by the Health app. Then, you can decide which apps and devices can report information to the Health app.
Tap the name of an app to choose what data it can share with the Health app as well as what data it can read from the Health app. In this example, we will choose the Lose It! app.
- Choose what data the app collects, to share with the Health app.
Swipe down to choose what data the app can read from the Health app.
- Choose what data the Health app collects from other sources, to share with the app.
Choose what data the Health app collects from other sources, to share with the app.
View the Health Data
Your Apple Watch, along with your iPhone, other health and fitness apps, and other medical devices such as Wi-Fi scales, sleep analysis bands, and blood pressure bands, all report their data to the Health app. Here is how to drill down into that data.
Tap Health Data.
Tap a data category. In this example, Fitness is used in order to look at the data collected by the Apple Watch.
Tap the type of data you want to see. In this example, notice the workout data that the Apple Watch has been tracking and submitting to the Health app.
- Show on Dashboard lets you choose whether you want to have this health data on your Dashboard.
- Tap Add Data Point if you want to manually add a data point (in this case, a workout) that is missing from the collected data for some reason.
- Tap Share Data to choose what apps to share this data with and to see what apps or devices provided this data.
Tap Show All Data to see all apps or devices that provided this data and drill into each data point.
Tap a data point to see all the information about it.
Tap Back once you are finished looking at the information.