Using Your Apple Watch to Stay Active
- Becoming Familiar with the Activity App
- Using the Workout App
- Using the Health App
Your Apple Watch automatically monitors your heart rate and activity to keep track of your health, and it allows you to record your workouts.
Becoming Familiar with the Activity App
The Activity app on your Watch keeps track of how often you stand up, how much you move around, and how much exercise you do.
- Press the Digital Crown to see the Home Screen.
Tap the Activity app icon.
Navigate the Activity App on Your Watch
Using the Activity app on your Watch, you can view your activity information and change your Move Goal.
- The Activity screen shows an overview of your activity. The blue ring shows how many times you have stood and moved around for 60 seconds or more, the green ring shows how much vigorous activity you have done so far, and the red ring shows you how much you have moved around.
- Turn the Digital Crown to scroll down and see active calories, total number of steps, and total distance.
Swipe right to left through the screens to see your move progress.
- The Move screen shows you information specific to how many calories you have burned by moving so far.
- Turn the Digital Crown to scroll down and see a graph showing calories burned per hour of the day.
Swipe left to see your exercise progress.
The Exercise screen shows you how many minutes of exercise you have done out of a total of 30 minutes. The Activity app records exercise as activities you do that are above and beyond your normal standing and walking around. It is loosely define as an activity that is similar to a brisk walk.
- Turn the Digital Crown to scroll down and see a graph showing exercise per hour of the day.
Swipe left to see your stand progress.
- The Stand screen shows you how many hours of the day you stood up and walked around, up to a maximum of 12 hours. Within each hour, if you stood up and walked around for at least 60 seconds, you are credited with standing during that hour.
Turn the Digital Crown to scroll down and see a graph showing each of the 12 hours and which ones you stood up during.
Change Your Move Goal
If you want to change your Move Goal (that is, how many calories you want to try to burn during a single day), do the following.
Force Touch on any screen of the Activity app.
- Tap Change Your Daily Move Goal.
Turn the Digital Crown to adjust the number of active calories you want to aim to burn each day. Tap Update to make the change.
Use the Activity App on your iPhone
Using the Activity app on your iPhone, you can view your activity information per day in more detail, including seeing active and resting calories, number of minutes of exercise, how often you stood, and information about workouts.
Tap the Activity app icon on your iPhone.
- Tap the Today icon to show today’s activity.
- Tap a specific day in the week to show activity for that day.
- Swipe left or right over the days of the week to show previous or next weeks.
- Tap the month to show your activity overview for.
Swipe up to see more detailed move, exercise, and stand information.
- Swipe left across the Move graph to see active, resting, and total calories burned.
- Swipe left across the Exercise graph to see how many minutes you exercised and the total time you were active.
Swipe up to see the stand information.
10. Swipe right to left across the Stand graph to see how many hours you were idle as well as how many hours went by when you stood up.