Principles of Supply Chain Management
- Learning Objectives
- Evolution of the Supply Chain Concept
- Total Systems Approach and Boundary Spanning
- Conceptual Foundations of Demand Chain, Value Chain, and Supply Chain
- Strategic Alliances and Partnerships
- Organizational Learning from Strategic Alliances
- Interfaces among Purchasing, Production, Logistics, and Marketing
- Theory of Constraints (TOC) for Supply Chain Management
- Change Management for Supply Chain Management
- Chapter Summary
- Study Questions
- Zara's Rapid Rise as a Cool Supply Chain Icon
In this chapter from his book, Essentials of Supply Chain Management, The: New Business Concepts and Applications, Hokey Min discusses the importance of Supply Chain Management.This chapter is from the book
- “Silos—and the turf wars they enable—devastate organizations.”
- —Patrick Lencioni, Silos, Politics and Turf Wars
After reading this chapter, you should be able to:
- Understand the rationale behind and fundamental principles of supply chain management.
- Comprehend the differences between supply chain perspectives and traditional business perspectives.
- Identify the main drivers of supply chain links.
- Recognize the managerial benefits and potential challenges of the supply chain practices.
- Analyze the impact of supply chain management on the bottom line and the competitiveness of the organization.
- Understand the necessary changes and transformations required for the successful implementation of the integrated supply chain perspectives.
- Find ways to leverage the supply chain for business success.