- Who Can See What?
- Performing a Privacy Checkup
- Configuring Facebook's Default Privacy Settings
- Selecting Who Can See Individual Posts
- Limiting Contact from Other Members
- Controlling Friend Requests
- Restrict Who Sees Tag Suggestions in Photos That Look Like You
- Limit Who Can See Posts You're Tagged In
- Approve Tags People Add to Your Posts
Limit Who Can See Posts You're Tagged In
As noted, there's nothing to stop friends from manually tagging you in the posts they make and the photos they upload. What you can do, however, is keep anyone else from seeing those tagsin effect, hiding your name when tagged.
From the Facebook toolbar, click the down arrow button and click Settings to display the Account Settings page. Click Timeline and Tagging in the left-hand column to display the Timeline and Tagging Settings page. Go to the Who Can See Things on My Timeline? Section, then go to the Who Can See Posts You've Been Tagged In On Your Timeline? option and click Edit.
Click the Privacy button to display the list of options. Click Friends to limit your exposure to only people on your friends list or click Only Me to hide your name from everyone on Facebook.