- Who Can See What?
- Performing a Privacy Checkup
- Configuring Facebook's Default Privacy Settings
- Selecting Who Can See Individual Posts
- Limiting Contact from Other Members
- Controlling Friend Requests
- Restrict Who Sees Tag Suggestions in Photos That Look Like You
- Limit Who Can See Posts You're Tagged In
- Approve Tags People Add to Your Posts
Limiting Contact from Other Members
Are you getting private messages or friend requests from people you don't know? It's time to reconfigure your privacy settings to limit contact from complete strangers.
By default, just about anybody who Facebook thinks you might know can send you private messages. If you'd rather not be contacted by complete strangers, you can tell Facebook to let only your friends send you messages.
From the Facebook toolbar, click the Privacy Shortcuts button; then click the down arrow next to Who Can Contact Me? to expand this section. As you can see in Figure 5, Basic Filtering is selected by default. Select Strict Filtering to see private messages only from people on your friends list.
Figure 5 Determining who can contact you on Facebook