- How Much Does It Cost?
- Financing Is Available
- Think Before You Borrow
- What's the Money For?
- "Where Does the Money Go?"
- Financing Options
- Vendors Can Aid the Loan Process
- Working with Training Companies
- Financial Institutions and Specialty Lenders
- Ask Uncle Sam for Certification Assistance?
- Don't Forget Your 'Other Options' For Financing
- Heading for the Payoff
"Where Does the Money Go?"
Paying with borrowed money is pretty much the sameno matter what kind of transaction it isbecause somebody else's money is covering cost of training. Since the money mostly goes to the training provider rather than passing through your own bank account, for those sums of money that you do hold back to spend yourselfprimarily for exams, books, and practice testsexercise restraint. Remember: You borrowed that money for a specific reason, so don't short yourself by spending any of it on something else. It would be a real shame if you couldn't finish the certification that's supposed to pay off the loan just because you couldn't pay for an exam or arm yourself with the right kinds of preparation materials.