- How Social CRM Engages the Customer
- Social CRM Benefits
- Social Media Has Taken Off in the Current Marketplace
- More and More People Are Using Social Media
- Social Media Is Replacing Traditional Media Sources
- Meaningful Challenges Still Apply to Social Media and Social CRM
- Sample Customer Profile
- Ensuring the Impact of Social Media on Customer Relationships
This chapter is from the book
Social CRM Benefits
Key benefits resulting from Social CRM include the following:
- Sales staff can access significantly more relevant information about their customers and prospects from an integrated view of their Social Media activities using digital analytics (website visits, Internet searches, mobile activities, email, and so on) and existing Social CRM activity history.
- Marketing staff can meet prospects at their point of need, connecting much earlier in the buying process by leveraging real-time listening and monitoring of Social Media activities. Marketers can also gain a greater insight into the effectiveness of their marketing and communication efforts to their customers and prospects. In addition, they can compare which types of Social Media forums and communities are most effective in generating positive word of mouth, resulting in desired actions on an organization’s website or on other digital channels. Afterward, the marketing staff can calculate the ROI of their content marketing and outreach efforts by connecting associated Social Media activities to website traffic, downloads, sales, or other desired actions.
- Product development staff can engage and collaborate directly with customers and prospects throughout the development phases, from the initial generation of ideas (known as ideation) through the phases of design, prototyping, and testing new or modified products and services, which can drive down costs and deliver significant advocacy and positive marketplace word of mouth.
- Customer service staff can provide memorable service by pro-actively responding to customers with an integrated view of their entire interaction, engagement, and Social Media activity history.
- Community and Social Media staff can access the Social Media content generated by customers and prospects for use on their outreach and engagement efforts.