- Start Google Now for the First Time
- Use Google Now
- Set Up Google+
- Use Google+
- Write a Post
Set Up Google+
- Tap the Apps icon on the Home screen.
Tap Google+, as shown in Figure 4.
Figure 4 The Google+ app appears in the lower-left corner on the Apps screen.
- When you start the Google+ app, it logs you in automatically using your Google account name and password. If you have more than one Google+ account, the Choose Account screen appears, so you can tap the button to the right of the account name with which you want to log in.
The news feed page appears, as shown in Figure 5; tap the menu icon on the menu bar.
Figure 5 The menu icon appears at the right side of the orange menu bar located at the top of the screen.
- Tap Settings on the menu.
In the Settings screen, as shown in Figure 6, tap Auto Backup to automatically back up photos and videos in your Google+ account to the Google Photos app. Only you can view backed up photos and videos in Google Photos. After you tap Auto Backup, the Auto Backup screen appears, so you can turn Auto Backup on and change Auto Backup settings.
Figure 6 The Settings screen provides options in the General Settings, Account Settings, and About categories.
- Tap Conserve Data Usage if you don’t want to view images at their full resolution in Google+. This is useful if you use a data carrier’s plan and don’t want to go over your monthly data usage limit.
- Tap your account name to change your Google account settings.
- Add a Google account by tapping Add Account.
- Get information about the Google+ app by tapping About Google+.
- Return to the newsfeed page by tapping the Back touch button.