Share a Contact
After you enter a contact in your Galaxy Tab 4, you can share not only the selected contact but also multiple contacts with others at once.
- Open the Contacts app if it isn’t open already.
- Tap the menu icon on the blue menu bar that appears at the top of the screen.
Share your contact information by tapping Share Namecard Via in the menu (see Figure 7).
Figure 7 The menu button appears at the right side of the blue menu bar.
- In the Share Namecard Via window, tap Selected Contact to share the selected contact, or add more contacts to share by tapping Multiple Contacts. For this example, I’ll tap Multiple Contacts.
In the Share Namecard Via window that appears (see Figure 8), swipe down the list and select the contact(s) you want to share. You can also share all your contacts in groups by tapping Groups on the menu bar, or you can share your favorites by tapping Favorites on the menu bar.
Figure 8 In this example, I tapped Favorites on the menu bar within the Share Namecard Via window.
- Tap the check box next to the contact(s) you want to add, or tap Select All to select all the contacts within the Groups, Favorites, or Contacts category.
- When you finish, tap Done in the upper-right corner of the window.
- In the Share Namecard Via window, share the contacts via Bluetooth, the ChatON messaging service, Google Drive, email, Gmail, or Wi-Fi Direct. What happens next depends on how you share the contact; for example, if you tap Email in the window, then you see the New Email screen with the contact file attached, so you can compose a new message.
Now that you’re up to speed with the updated News360 and Contacts app, enjoy finding news stories that interest you and managing and sharing your contacts on your Tab 4.