Using the Contacts widget, you can store contact information for family, friends, and colleagues for quick access and to send messages.
- Tap Contacts on the Home screen.
A list of all contacts appears, as shown in Figure 5. Your own contact information appears listed by default.
Figure 5 The New icon appears as a plus (+) sign in the blue menu bar that appears at the top of the screen.
- Tap the New icon to open the Create Contact form window.
- If you see the Attention window on the screen, tap OK to close it, and ensure that you will not see the message about sync being unavailable for contacts you add to your device.
In the Create Contact window, as shown in Figure 6, type the first and last name in the Name field.
Figure 6 The Create Contact window appears on the right side of the screen.
- If you want to add the first and last name in different fields, tap the arrow icon located to the right of the Name field to add a Name Prefix, First Name, Middle Name, Last Name, and Name Suffix to the contact. There is no need to use the Shift key on the keyboard to capitalize the name because the Galaxy Tab 4 does this automatically.
- Tap the labels within fields to reveal a pop-up menu with other labels to choose from. For example, tap Mobile to the left of the phone number to open the pop-up menu so that you can add other phone numbers such as the person’s home phone number.
- Tap the plus icon in the Phone field to add an additional field, or tap the minus icon to remove a field.
- Add information in the Email section as you did in the Phone section.
- Tap Device to change the account for which you want to add a contact. For example, you can add a contact in your Google account.
- Add another field to the contact by tapping Add Another Field. You can add the user’s phonetic name, organization, instant messaging address, physical address, any notes about the user, the user’s nickname, website, Internet phone number, events related to the contact, and the contact’s relationship to you.
- Tap Save to complete the new contact.