- Apple Watch Offers a Plethora of Options
- The Standard "Apple Watch" Model
- "Apple Watch Sport" is for People With a More Active Lifestyle
- "Apple Watch Edition" Caters to Those Who Prefer Wearing a Luxury Timepiece on Their Wrist
- All Apple Watch Models are Fully Customizable
- The Watch's Various Sensors Allow It to Collect and Share Information
- Apple Watch Will Support Apple Pay
- Final Thoughts?
Apple Watch Will Support Apple Pay
Yet another unique function of the Apple Watch involves its compatibility with Apple Pay (shown in Figure 4), which is already being supported by hundreds of thousands of retail stores and dining establishments throughout the United States, including fast food restaurants like McDonald’s and Starbucks.
Figure 4 Apple Pay launched in October 2014, and will be fully compatible with Apple Watch once it’s released.
Instead of using your traditional debit or credit card to make purchases, you’ll be able to pay for purchases at participating retailers and restaurants by tapping your watch while using the Apple Pay app when you approach the cash register. Your purchases will be charged to your existing debit or credit card; however, each secure purchase transaction will be handled wirelessly by your Apple Watch.