- Browsing to a URL and Searching
- Viewing Web Pages
- Bookmarks, History, and Reading List
- Deleting Your Bookmarks
- Creating Home Screen Bookmarks
- Filling in Web Forms
- Opening Multiple Web Pages with Tabs
- Copying Text from a Web Page
- Copying Images from Web Pages
- Viewing Articles with Safari Reader
- Saving Time with AutoFill
Viewing Articles with Safari Reader
Web pages on the iPad can be vibrant and pretty. But sometimes the website tries to cram so much text and other junk onto a page that it can be painful to read. You can clear away all the clutter to reveal the text of a news article or blog post using the Reader feature.
- When a page first loads, the text Reader View Available appears in the address field for a few seconds if Safari Reader is available on that page.
Look for the Reader button in the address field. Tap it to enter the Reader mode.
- In Reader mode, only the text and inline images of the article appear.
- Tap Reader again to return to the regular view of the page.
You can use the font size buttons to make the text larger or smaller.