- Do Consider Your Content
- Don't Give Mobile Users the "Mobile Treatment"
- Do Serve Correct Assets
- Don't Serve Everything to Everyone
- Do Go Mobile First with CSS
- Don't Add Every Resolution as a Breakpoint
- Do Go Fluid, Fixed, or Mixed
- Don't Use a Framework if You Don't Need One
- Do Analyze and Optimize
- Don't Ignore Your Users
Do Serve Correct Assets
There are myriad devices and browsers that a user may have installed and be using on their device. Just like the desktop variants, different browsers support different technologies. This means that not every browser is going to support all of your CSS3 styles, your layered SVG images, or even your hand-picked fonts.