The road to technology innovation begins with
- Being aware of the trends
- Aligning with the business
- Engaging in strategic research
- Using innovation principles
- Being a pragmatic technology innovator
Watching and following trends can be fun and exciting. They can easily distract you from the job at hand. However, they are also the eyes into the future that may provide opportunity or peril. Architects need to be familiar with the trends that are swirling around them and approach them with caution.
Technology innovation is a critical aspect of software architecture. Learning when and where to introduce new and potentially disruptive technologies into the business is essential for business growth and operational stability.