Connecting to Xbox on the Web
Besides accessing various account and billing information on your console and through the Xbox One SmartGlass mobile apps (see Chapter 11), you can also visit the www.xbox.com website from your favorite browser. After logging in, you’ll see My Account and Profile, Activity Feed, Friends, Messages, and code redemption (Redeem Code) options that apply to your Xbox Live account and any applicable Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles:
- My Account—Selecting this option provides a summary of your recent digital transactions and active subscriptions, as well as links to adjust payment and billing information, and device-specific options such as console registration and repair status.
- Profile—Selecting this option provides Xbox One SmartGlass download links for Windows, Windows Phone, Apple iOS, and Android platforms. If you would like access to your actual profile information, including recent activity and editing options for your profile and avatar, click on your green profile name above My Account.
- Activity Feed—Selecting this option displays recent activity, including games played and apps accessed.
- Friends—Selecting this option displays pending friend requests and friends who are either presently online and offline, as well as their most recent activity. You can use the Find option to search all gamertags and then either send a message or friend request if they’re not already a friend.
- Messages—Select this option to send a message to one or more friends from your existing list of friends.
- Redeem Code—Selecting this option displays the screen where you redeem a gift card, prepaid card, or promotional code. See the “Enter a Code Manually” section earlier in this chapter for more information on redeeming codes from this screen.
- Sign Out—Selecting this option immediately logs you out. Select Sign In to log in again.