Cisco Networking Academy Switched Networks Companion Guide: VLANs
This chapter covers how to configure, manage, and troubleshoot VLANs and VLAN trunks. It also examines security considerations and strategies relating to VLANs and trunks, and best practices for VLAN design.This chapter is from the book
Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How do you explain the purpose of VLANs in a switched network?
- How do you analyze the forwarding of frames by a switch based on VLAN configuration?
- How do you configure a switch port to be assigned to data and voice VLANs?
- How do you configure a trunk port on a LAN switch?
- How do you configure Dynamic Trunking Protocol (DTP)?
- How do you troubleshoot VLAN and trunk configurations in a switched network?
- How do you configure security features to mitigate attacks in a switched network?
- How do you explain security best practices for a switched network?