Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to Scaling Networks
This chapter introduces strategies that can be used to systematically design a highly functional network, such as the hierarchical network design model, the Cisco Enterprise Architecture, and appropriate device selections.This chapter is from the book
Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- How is the hierarchical network used in small business?
- What are the recommendations for designing a network that is scalable?
- What features in switch hardware are necessary to support small- to medium-sized business network requirements?
- What types of routers are available for small- to medium-sized business networks?
- What are the basic configuration settings for a Cisco IOS device?