- iPhoto's Information Pane
- What Is Exif?
- Changing Your Photo's Date and Time
- Changing Your Photo's Name
- Adding a Description to Your Photos
- Batch Changing Titles, Dates, and Descriptions
- Adding Keywords to Your Photos
- Working with the Keyword Manager
- Flagging Your Photos
- Rating Your Photos
- Hiding Your Photos
- Deleting Your Photos
- Using the Contextual Menu
Adding a Description to Your Photos
iPhoto also enables you to add a description to your individual photos. Descriptions are cool because you can record a little blurb about each photo—something to help you remember it by. Descriptions are also helpful when you are searching your iPhoto Library, as you find out later in this chapter.
- Select the photo so a yellow box highlights it.
Double-click the Add a Description text in the Information Pane to change it to a text entry field. Type any description you want. Click outside the text field to finalize it. Note that only the first two lines of description are visible, but if you hover your mouse over it, the entire description pops up in a semitransparent box.