Cisco Networking Academy's Introduction to Routing Dynamically
- Key Terms
- Introduction (126.96.36.199)
- Dynamic Routing Protocols (3.1)
- Dynamic versus Static Routing (3.1.2)
- Routing Protocol Operating Fundamentals (3.1.3)
- Types of Routing Protocols (3.1.4)
- Distance Vector Dynamic Routing (3.2)
- Types of Distance Vector Routing Protocols (3.2.2)
- RIP and RIPng Routing (3.3)
- Link-State Dynamic Routing (3.4)
- The Routing Table (3.5)
- Summary (3.6)
- Check Your Understanding Questions
This chapter explains multiple routing protocols (particularly dynamic routing protocols) and describes their relative strengths and weaknesses. It also shows how to read a routing table easily and interpret the IPv6 routing information listed within it.This chapter is from the book
Upon completion of this chapter, you will be able to answer the following questions:
- What is the purpose of dynamic routing protocols?
- How does dynamic routing compare with static routing?
- How do dynamic routing protocols share route information and achieve convergence?
- What are the differences between the categories of dynamic routing protocols?
- How does the algorithm used by distance vector routing protocols determine the best path?
- What are the different types of distance vector routing protocols?
- How do you configure the RIP routing protocol?
- How do you configure the RIPng routing protocol?
- How does the algorithm used by link-state routing protocols determine the best path?
- How do link-state routing protocols use information sent in link-state updates?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using link-state routing protocols?
- How do you determine the source route, administrative distance, and metric for a given route?
- How do you explain the concept of a parent/child relationship in a dynamically built routing table?
- How do you describe the differences between the IPv4 route lookup process and the IPv6 route lookup process?
- Can you determine which route will be used to forward a packet upon analyzing a routing table?