- Tip 1: Networking Now Is Part of My Life
- Tip 2: Dedicated Networking Always (DNA)
- Tip 3: The ABCs of Networking
- Tip 4: Open Your Eyes?Networking Is All Around
- Tip 5: Think Motivation M.A.G.I.C.
- Tip 6: Networking Becomes Comfortable Over Time
- Tip 7: Opportunities Are Everywhere
- Tip 8: An Exercise in Attitude
- Tip 9: Act on Things Immediately
- Tip 10: Manage Your Time
- Tip 11: Things to Do
- Tip 12: Time Action Tips to Do Now
- Tip 13: It?s Not Who You Know, It?s Who You Thank
- Tip 14: Face Problems with Innovation
- Tip 15: Never Forget Those Who Help You
Tip 8: An Exercise in Attitude
Try this attitude exercise. Great client service requires you to be thoughtful and appreciative throughout the business development process. Clients assume that you will thank them after you have done business. Here are a few “attitude of gratitude” thoughts to deliver in all your business relationships:
- Go beyond surface information. Learn as much as you can about all your contacts and connections.
- You must have “heart.” People make decisions with both their head and heart. Keep feelings in mind. It is the personal relationship that keeps you in good graces.
- Give thanks for bad news as well as good. We usually celebrate successful wins and let clients know how much their business means to us. Yet when we lose an order or a piece of business, we don’t. We may feel paralyzed by the loss. Even with a rejection, show appreciation by sending a note of thanks for their time and consideration. You may be surprised by the outcome.