- Taking Advantage of Custom Settings
- Moving the Dock Around
- Changing the Dock's Size
- Customizing the Dock's Behavior
- Changing the Way the Finder Works
- Changing Your Desktop Picture
- Changing Your Screen Saver
- Changing Your Login Icon
- Changing Your Mac's Language
- Using Multiple Displays
- Sending Video to Apple TV
- Adding Login Items
- Increasing Your Mac's Security
- Adding New Dashboard Widgets
- Making Your Own Widgets
Changing Your Login Icon
Your login icon represents your face within the world of your Mac. It’s used as your buddy icon for online messaging in iChat, it appears next to your personal information in the Address Book, and you see it every time you log in. You can use one of the built-in pictures, or you can add any picture you like—your photo or anything else.
- Choose Apple menu, System Preferences.
- Click the Users & Groups button to see your choices.
Click the Password button; then click your picture and choose Edit Picture (the notepad icon) in the pop-up menu.
Drag or paste an image file into the Images window, drag the image and the scaling slider until the square shows the area you want for the icon, and then click Done to make it your login picture.