- Taking Advantage of Custom Settings
- Moving the Dock Around
- Changing the Dock's Size
- Customizing the Dock's Behavior
- Changing the Way the Finder Works
- Changing Your Desktop Picture
- Changing Your Screen Saver
- Changing Your Login Icon
- Changing Your Mac's Language
- Using Multiple Displays
- Sending Video to Apple TV
- Adding Login Items
- Increasing Your Mac's Security
- Adding New Dashboard Widgets
- Making Your Own Widgets
Making Your Own Widgets
Dashboard is great—if you haven’t tried it, click its Dock icon and take a look at the cool widgets you can add. And you can even make your own widgets; it’s very simple to turn your favorite web pages into Dashboard widgets, and you do it right from Safari.
- In Safari, type the URL of the web page you want to turn into a widget.
- Choose File, Open in Dashboard.
- Select the area on the web page that you want to include in your widget.
Click Add; the new widget opens in Dashboard.