- Arranging Travel Using the Kayak App
- Using the AARP App
- Finding Your Way Using the iPad Maps App
- SeatGuru by TripAdvisor
- Communicating in a Foreign Country Is Easy When You Use Talking Translator
- Getting Travel Advice from Others Using TripAdvisor
- Exchanging Homes Is a Great Way to See the World
- Understanding Foreign Currency Exchange Using XE Currency Converter
Getting Travel Advice from Others Using TripAdvisor
Whether you travel a few miles or thousands of miles from home, TripAdvisor serves to enhance that experience. With just a few taps, you have access to restaurants, hotels, things to do, and the thoughts of many people who have preceded you at your chosen destination. With TripAdvisor, you also have the ability to save your favorites.
To start, search the App Store TripAdvisor Hotels Flights Restaurants. Tap Free and then tap Install to download and install the app. Tap the icon for the app on your Home screen to open it.
- You can see the options you can explore through TripAdvisor along the top of the screen (hotels, restaurants, things to do, flights, forums, and so on).
For this task, choose Find Restaurants to explore in the San Francisco area.
The restaurant page now enables you the opportunity to refine your search by cuisine, price range, and locations within the city by tapping the Filter button.
In this example, we chose all cuisines, all prices, all neighborhoods, and all dining options.
- At the time of this search, there were 4657 restaurants listed in San Francisco. The top-rated restaurant, Kokkari Estiatorio, had 681 reviews and a rating of almost a perfect 5. In addition, you can move around the map, zooming to your present location and finding the best restaurants or services near you or where you plan to go.
Tap on the Kokkari Estiatorio insert to see further details.
- If you find the information interesting, you can tap reviews, photos, or menu to see what others are saying or get even more information.
- After you find a restaurant or hotel that you want to check out, tap the Save button to add it to your favorites. To do this it will be necessary to sign in to TripAdvisor.
Finally, tap Reserve with OpenTable to make a reservation.