- Creating a SharePoint Site
- Viewing a Site Window
- Getting Around a Site
- Viewing Site Content
- Changing a Site Title and Logo
- Changing the Look of a Site
- Changing Language and Regional Settings
- Changing and Creating Navigation Links
- Using Navigation Aids
- Searching for Site Content
- Opening or Adding Site Pages
- Working with Site Pages
- Viewing a Site Hierarchy
- Managing Site Features
- Exploring Site Features
- Sharing a Site
- Saving a Site as a Template
- Deleting a SharePoint Site
- Using Site Closure and Deletion Settings
This chapter is from the book
Saving a Site as a Template
After you create and customize a site the way you want it, you can save it as a template, so you can use it as the basis for a site in the future. When you save a site as a template, you any libraries, lists, or other parts you have included in the site are also saved in the template. If you want to include the content stored in the site within the template, you have the option to do so.
Save a Site as a Template
- In your web browser, open your SharePoint site.
- Navigate to the site you want to save as a template.
- Click the Settings button (Gear icon), and then click Site settings.
- Under Site Actions, click the Save site as template link.
- Enter a file name for the template.
- Enter a template name and description.
- To include current site content in the template, select the Include Content check box.