Customizing Your Vine Profile
If you signed into Vine with your Twitter credentials, Vine automatically imports information from your Twitter account to create your Vine profile. You can view your profile by tapping the Menu button and then tapping Profile.
Once you’re on your Profile page, you can edit much of your profile information. This way, you can maintain a slightly different profile on Vine than you do on Twitter.
Change Your Profile Picture
The first thing you personalize about your Vine account is your profile picture. By default, Vine uses the same picture you use for your Twitter profile. You can select or take a different photo, however. Follow these steps:
Tap Menu > Profile to display your profile page, shown in Figure 4.1.
FIGURE 4.1 Tap your profile picture to change it.
Tap your profile picture to show the available actions, as shown in Figure 4.2.
FIGURE 4.2 Remove your profile picture or choose a new one.
- To remove the current photo without replacing it with a new one, tap Remove Photo.
- To upload a new photo stored on your phone or tablet, tap Choose Existing Photo. When your Camera Roll appears, tap the photo you want to use. When the Move and Scale screen appears, drag or resize the photo as necessary, then tap Choose.
- To take a new photo with your phone’s camera, tap Take New Photo. When your camera activates, tap to use the front-facing camera, smile, and tap the Camera button. When the Move and Scale screen appears, drag or resize the photo as necessary, then tap Use.
Change Your Name, Description, and Location
As noted, Vine pulls your name and other personal information from your Twitter account. If you want to change or correct this information for your Vine profile, you can. Follow these steps:
- Tap Menu > Profile to display your profile page.
Tap Settings to display the Settings page, shown in Figure 4.3.
FIGURE 4.3 Editing your personal information.
- To change the name displayed with your Vine posts, tap your name and edit it with the onscreen keyboard.
- To change your description/occupation, tap it and then edit it with the onscreen keyboard.
- To change your current location, tap it and then edit it with the onscreen keyboard.