This chapter is from the book
Plan of Action
- Define a test process that includes risk analysis.
- Develop test standards and templates that can be reused.
- Base test estimates on measurable criteria, such as cases or requirements to be tested.
- Build test cases to validate requirements or business processes, not random combinations of software functions.
- Continually educate management that testing should be measured and estimated by fact, not guesswork or deadlines.
- Keep a history of test measurements to help estimate future projects.
- Continually streamline the testing process to make it more efficient and less time-consuming.
- Consider using an automated test tool for repetitive tests once the test process has been defined and you know what you need to test.