- Optimizing Photoshop
- Setting General Preferences
- Setting File Handling Preferences
- Setting Interface Preferences
- Changing Sync Settings Preferences
- Setting Cursors Preferences
- Controlling Transparency & Gamut Preferences
- Working with Units & Rulers
- Working with Guides, Grid & Slices
- Setting Plug-Ins Preferences
- Selecting Scratch Disks
- Allocating Memory & Image Cache
- Setting Type Preferences
- Managing Libraries with the Preset Manager
- Using and Customizing Workspaces
- Building Specialized Workspaces
- Creating a Customized User Interface
- Defining Shortcut Keys
Changing Sync Settings Preferences
Photoshop’s Sync Settings preferences (New!) allows you to specify the settings you want to synchronize to an Adobe Creative Cloud account, which you can use on other computers with Photoshop. Creative Cloud is a membership-based cloud solution that allows you to access Adobe software, tools, services, personal files, tutorial videos, and sync program settings online from any computer or device. In order to sync program settings (New!) and access online content on Creative Cloud and Adobe.com, you’ll need to sign in to the service with your Adobe ID. If you’re not signed in when you start Photoshop, you’ll be asked to do so. When you’ve synced settings (New!) on Creative Cloud from another computer and there is a conflict, you’ll be asked if you want to sync settings (keep local or remote) to this computer.
Change Sync Settings Preferences
Click the Edit (Win) or Photoshop (Mac) menu, point to Preferences, and then click Sync Settings.
- You can also click the Edit (Win) or Photoshop (Mac), point to account address, and then click Manage Sync Settings.
- Select the Sync Settings check box to sync the settings you want or deselect to not sync any settings at all.
- Select or deselect the Photoshop settings you do or don’t want to sync to the Creative Cloud.
Click the When Conflict Occurs list arrow, and then select an option to specify how you want to deal with sync conflicts.
- Ask My Preference.
- Sync Local Settings.
- Sync Cloud Settings.
- Keep Latest File.
- Click OK.
Work with Sync Settings
- When you start Photoshop and settings are synced with Creative Cloud from another computer, click Keep Local or Keep Remote to set sync settings (New!).
To sign in to your Creative Cloud account, click the Help menu, click Sign In, click Sign In Now, create an account or enter your
- To sign out, click the Help menu, click Sign Out (account address), and then click Sign out.
- Click the Edit (Win) or Photoshop (Mac) menu, and then point to account address.
- Use any of the following:
Sync Settings Now. Syncs the settings to your Creative Cloud account based on your Sync Settings preferences.
- Manage Sync Settings. Opens Sync Settings preferences.
- Manage Creative Cloud Account. Opens your default web browser, displaying your Creative Cloud account, where you can make changes.
- If a conflict occurs, click the Sync Settings button, and then click Keep Local or Keep Remote. If you want to remember it, select the Remember my choice check box.