- Optimizing Photoshop
- Setting General Preferences
- Setting File Handling Preferences
- Setting Interface Preferences
- Changing Sync Settings Preferences
- Setting Cursors Preferences
- Controlling Transparency & Gamut Preferences
- Working with Units & Rulers
- Working with Guides, Grid & Slices
- Setting Plug-Ins Preferences
- Selecting Scratch Disks
- Allocating Memory & Image Cache
- Setting Type Preferences
- Managing Libraries with the Preset Manager
- Using and Customizing Workspaces
- Building Specialized Workspaces
- Creating a Customized User Interface
- Defining Shortcut Keys
Setting Plug-Ins Preferences
A plug-in is an external code modal that extends the functionality of a program. Photoshop comes with several installed plug-ins, such as Camera Raw and Filter Gallery; however, you can install other third-party ones too. If you want to use third-party plug-ins, you’ll need to place or install them (unless specified by the developer) in the default Photoshop Plug-ins folder—located in the main Adobe Photoshop folder—in order to make them available in Photoshop; the Additional Plug-ins Folder is no longer available. Plug-ins preferences allows you to specify options relating to plug-ins, filters, or extension panels. For filters, you can specify whether you want to show all Filter Gallery groups and names on the Filter menu. For extension panels, you can specify whether to allow extensions to connect to the Internet and load extension panels for use on the Extensions submenu on the Window menu.
Work with Plug-Ins Options
- Click the Edit (Win) or Photoshop (Mac) menu, point to Preferences, and then click Plug-Ins.
- Select the Show all Filter Gallery groups and names check box to display all Filter Gallery groups and names on the Filter menu.
Select the Extension Panels options you want to us:
- Allow Extensions to Connect to the Internet. Select to all extensions to connect to sites on the Internet.
- Load Extension Panels. Select to load extension panels, such as Kuler and Adobe Exchange, which become available on the Extensions submenu on the Window menu.
- Click OK.