- Understanding Vector and Raster Graphics
- Understanding Paths
- Selecting a Drawing Mode
- Creating Pixel Aligned Objects
- Creating Rectangles and Ellipses
- Creating Polygons and Stars
- Creating Line Segments
- Creating Arcs and Spirals
- Creating Grids
- Using the Shape Builder Tool
- Creating Perspective Objects
- Working with Perspective Objects
- Customizing a Perspective Grid
- Understanding Selections
- Using the Selection Tool
- Using the Direct Selection Tool
- Using the Lasso Tool
- Using the Magic Wand Tool
- Selecting and Grouping Objects
- Selecting Similar Objects
- Saving and Editing Selections
- Moving Objects
- Duplicating Objects
- Aligning and Distributing Objects
- Transforming Objects
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Rotating and Scaling Objects
- Reflecting and Shearing Objects
- Applying Multiple Transformations
- Reshaping Objects with Envelopes
- Using the Transform Panel
Creating Pixel Aligned Objects
Pixel aligned vector objects allow you to create precisely drawn images that look crisp and sharp for use on different outputs, such as the Web and mobile devices. The Align to Pixel Grid option enables the vertical and horizontal segments of the paths of an object to be nudged and aligned to the pixel grid. The stroke width values become full integer to create crisp paths. To view the pixel grid, zoom to 600% or higher in Pixel Preview mode. The Align to Pixel Grid option remains enabled with the object until it’s disabled. You can set the option in the Advanced section of the New Document dialog box or the Options menu on the Transform panel. The option in the New Document dialog box applies it any new objects in the document. You cannot pixel-align objects without paths, such as rasters, raster effects, and text objects.
Work with Pixel Aligned Objects
- Align All Objects in a New Document. Click the File menu, click New, specify new document settings, select the Align New Objects To Pixel Grid check box in the Advanced section, and then click OK.
- Align Existing Objects. Select the object, open the Transform panel, and then select the Align To Pixel Grid check box. If not available, click the Options button, and then click Show Options.
- Not Align Objects. Select the objects you want to change, click the Select menu, point to Object, and then click Not Aligned To Pixel Grid.
View The Pixel Grid. Click the View menu, click Pixel Preview, and then zoom to 600% or higher.
- To set preferences for viewing pixel grid, click the Edit (Win) or Illustrator (Mac) menu, point to Preferences, click Guides & Grid, select the Show Pixel Grid (Above 600% Zoom) check box, and then click OK.