Managing Multiple Users on Your Google Chromebook
In this chapter:
A Chromebook is only a piece of hardware; all your personal settings, information, and data are stored on the Web. As such, you can log into any Chromebook machine with your Google Account, and it will look and feel just like your own Chromebook. And it’s easy enough for other users to log into your Chromebook, as well, and make it their own.
How easy is it to add new users to a Chromebook? Pretty easy, as you’ll soon discover.
Adding Users to Your Chromebook
When you first started up your Chromebook, you were prompted to enter your Google Account name and password. This account becomes your default user account on your Chromebook. You can, however, add other users to your Chromebook—that is, let other people with Google Accounts use this particular Chromebook.
Add a User
You can let any number of users log onto your Chromebook, as long as they all have Google Accounts.
- Click anywhere in the status area to display the Settings panel.
- Click Sign Out.
- From the login screen, click + Add User. The Sign In screen displays.
- Enter the new user’s Gmail address into the Email field.
- Enter the user’s Gmail password into the Password field.
- Click the Sign In button.
- Select a picture for the new account and then click the OK button.
Chrome displays the Welcome to Your Chromebook window. Close this window to begin using Chrome as normal. The next time you open your Chromebook, this account will be one of the options on the login screen.