- Locating and Inserting an Online Picture
- Inserting a Picture
- Inserting a Picture Screen Shot
- Adding an Artistic Style to a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Correcting a Picture
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Removing a Picture Background
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Adding Pictures to a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Elements
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Inserting Apps for Office Programs
Applying Picture Effects
You can change the look of a picture by applying effects, such as shadows, reflections, glow, soft edges, bevels, and 3-D rotations. You can also apply effects to a shape by using the Picture Effects gallery for quick results, or by using the Format Shape pane (New!) for custom results. From the Picture Effects gallery, you can apply a built-in combination of 3-D effects or individual effects to a picture. To quickly see if you like a picture effect, point to a thumbnail in the Picture Effects gallery to display a live preview of it. If you like it, you can apply it. If you no longer want to apply a picture effect to an object, you can remove it. Simply select the picture, point to the effect type on the Picture Effects gallery, and then select the No effect type option.
Add an Effect to a Picture
- Click the picture you want to change.
- Click the Format tab under Picture Tools.
Click the Picture Effects button, and then point to the following:
- Preset to select No 3-D, one of the preset types, or 3-D Options.
- Shadow to select No Shadow, one of the shadow types, or Shadow Options.
- Reflection to select No Reflection, one of the Reflection Variations, or Reflection Options.
- Glow to select No Glow, one of the Glow Variations, More Glow Colors, or Glow Options.
- Soft Edges to select No Soft Edges or a point size to determine the soft edge amount, or Soft Edges Options.
- Bevel to select No Bevel, one of the bevels, or 3-D Options.
- 3-D Rotation to select No Rotation, one of the rotation types, or 3-D Options.
When you point to an effect, a live preview of the style appears in the current shape.
- Click the effect you want from the gallery to apply it to the selected shape.