- Locating and Inserting an Online Picture
- Inserting a Picture
- Inserting a Picture Screen Shot
- Adding an Artistic Style to a Picture
- Adding a Quick Style to a Picture
- Applying a Shape to a Picture
- Applying a Border to a Picture
- Applying Picture Effects
- Modifying Picture Size
- Compressing a Picture
- Correcting a Picture
- Recoloring a Picture
- Cropping and Rotating a Picture
- Removing a Picture Background
- Creating WordArt Text
- Formatting WordArt Text
- Applying WordArt Text Effects
- Modifying WordArt Text Position
- Creating SmartArt Graphics
- Formatting a SmartArt Graphic
- Modifying a SmartArt Graphic
- Adding Pictures to a SmartArt Graphic
- Creating an Organization Chart
- Inserting and Creating a Chart
- Changing a Chart Layout and Style
- Changing Chart Elements
- Formatting Line and Bar Charts
- Editing Chart Data
- Inserting Apps for Office Programs
Changing a Chart Layout and Style
Office’s pre-built chart layouts and styles can make your chart more appealing and visually informative. Start by choosing the chart type that is best suited for presenting your data. There are a wide variety of chart types, available in 2-D and 3-D formats, from which to choose. For each chart type, you can select a predefined chart layout, style, and color to apply the formatting you want. If you want to format your chart beyond the provided formats, you can customize a chart. To change a chart design, you can use layout, style, and color options on the Design tab under Chart Tools or use the Chart Styles button (New!) (one of three) in the upper-right corner of the chart.
Change a Chart Layout or Style
- Select the chart you want to change.
- Click the Design tab under Chart Tools.
- To change the chart layout, click the Quick Layout button, and then click the layout you want.
To quickly change the chart style and colors, click the Chart Styles button (New!) near the chart, click STYLE or COLOR, and then click a style or color. You can also use options on the Design tab:
- Style. Click the scroll up or down arrow, or click the More list arrow in the Chart Styles group, and then click the chart style you want.
- Color. Click the Change Colors button, and then click a color.