The Navigation app provides the same functionality as built-in car navigation systems or portable navigation units you can buy and stick to your windscreen. Combined with a good window mount, the Navigation app provides the same functionality as other navigation systems.
- Touch to launch Navigation.
- Touch to type destination.
- Touch to speak a destination.
- Touch to select an address from one of your Contacts.
- Touch to select an address from places you have starred (marked as favorites).
- Drive your car and listen to the audible turn-by-turn navigation instructions until you reach your destination.
- Touch to adjust the route preferences and find alternative routes.
- Touch to see the entire route as a list.
- Touch to change the Navigation app settings.
- Touch to add or remove layers from the navigation view. These include satellite view, traffic, parking, gas stations, ATMs/banks, and restaurants.
- Touch to turn off the voice prompts.
- Touch to exit navigation.
- Touch to search for another destination (this takes you out of the Navigation app and into Google Maps).
- Touch to set a new destination.
- Touch to enable screen dimming between direction prompts to save the battery.