- 8.1. Planning Guided by Alpha States
- 8.2. Determining the Current State in Our Story
- 8.3. Determining the Next State in Our Story
- 8.4. Determining How to Achieve the Next States in Our Story
- 8.5. How the Kernel Helps You in Planning Iterations
8.5. How the Kernel Helps You in Planning Iterations
A good plan must be inclusive, meaning that it includes all essential items and covers the whole team. It must also be concrete, so it is actionable for the team. The team must also have a way to monitor its progress against the plan. The kernel helps you achieve this as follows.
- Inclusive: The kernel alphas serve as reminders across the different dimensions of software development, helping you to create a plan that addresses all dimensions in a balanced way.
- Concrete: The checklists for each alpha state give you hints as to what you need to do in the iteration. The same checklists help you determine your progress by making clear what you have done and comparing this to what you intended to do.