Changing the Date and Time
You can set the date and time for your Galaxy Tab 2, change the time zone, change the date format, and display whether you want to display the time as standard 12-hour or 24-hour (military) time.
- Tap the clock in the Notification bar.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Date and Time.
- Tap Set Date.
- Tap the month, date, or year to change the date information. You can also tap the up and down arrow buttons above and below the month, date, or year to move the information up or down one month, one date, or one year, respectively.
- Tap Set.
- Tap Select Time Zone.
- Tap the time zone for your locality.
- Tap Set Time.
- Tap the hour and/or minute to change the time information. You can also tap the up or down arrow buttons above and below the hour or minute to move the hour or minute by one hour or one minute, respectively.
- Tap the AM or PM button to change the time of day between AM and PM.
- Tap Set.
- Tap Use 24-hour Format to change the format to 24-hour time. Note that the time on the Notification bar reflects the change. You can return to 12-hour time by tapping Use 24-hour Format again.
- Tap Select Date Format.
- Change the date format by tapping one of the three format options. If you don’t want to change the date format, tap Cancel.