- Adding and Using an Additional Display
- Personalizing Your Desktop Background
- Selecting a Standard Window Color
- Creating a Customized Window Color
- Selecting a Screen Saver
- Saving a Desktop Theme
- Snapping Apps
- Managing Devices and Printers from the Windows Desktop
- Changing Default Settings for Media and Devices
Selecting a Screen Saver
The Windows 8 screen saver function helps to protect the privacy of your display when you’re away from your computer. This feature also helps to prevent an image being permanently burned into your screen—a major concern if you use a plasma HDTV with your computer. This tutorial shows you how to select and customize your favorite screen saver from the Personalization window.
- Click Screen Saver.
- Open the Screen saver menu.
- Select a screen saver.
- Click Apply.
- A preview of the screen saver.