- Adding and Using an Additional Display
- Personalizing Your Desktop Background
- Selecting a Standard Window Color
- Creating a Customized Window Color
- Selecting a Screen Saver
- Saving a Desktop Theme
- Snapping Apps
- Managing Devices and Printers from the Windows Desktop
- Changing Default Settings for Media and Devices
Personalizing Your Desktop Background
Windows 8 normally uses a photo background for the Windows desktop. If you want to change to a different background, a plain background, or select multiple pictures for your desktop background, this tutorial shows you how.
- Right-click the desktop.
- Select Personalize.
- Choose a theme.
- The preview of the current theme.
Click Desktop Background to select images or background colors.
- Click empty checkboxes to select images.
- Open to select the picture position.
- Open to select how often to change the picture.
- Click to shuffle pictures.
- Open to select other backgrounds (your photos, solid colors, and so on).
- Click Save changes.