- What Can You Do About Spyware?
- Celebrity Malware
- Help You Just Don't Need
- Wi-Fi: A Convenience to Worry About
- E-Mail Dangers
- Bad Apples
- Typos Can Be Dangerous
- You Can Bank on This Being a Scam
- A Few Ounces of Protection-Protecting Yourself Online from Identity Theft
- A Pound of Cure-What to Do If You Are a Victim of Identity Theft
This chapter is from the book
You Can Bank on This Being a Scam
The FBI has warned people about a phishing e-mail purportedly from the National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA), the Federal Reserve Bank, or the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation telling you that there are problems with your bank account and that you need to click on a link for further information and to fix the problem. Those people who click on the link download keystroke-logging malware.