- What Can You Do About Spyware?
- Celebrity Malware
- Help You Just Don't Need
- Wi-Fi: A Convenience to Worry About
- E-Mail Dangers
- Bad Apples
- Typos Can Be Dangerous
- You Can Bank on This Being a Scam
- A Few Ounces of Protection-Protecting Yourself Online from Identity Theft
- A Pound of Cure-What to Do If You Are a Victim of Identity Theft
Prior to the release in late 2012 of the Halo 4 Xbox video game, some identity thieves were circulating e-mails and Web sites promising free copies of the game before its official release. These were just phishing scams intended to lure gamers into downloading keystroke-logging malware that would lead to identity theft. Similar scams occur prior to the release of other new video games and the latest versions of technological devices.