- Different Windows Lock Screens
- Customizing the Lock Screen Picture
- Adding Apps to the Lock Screen
- Rearranging Tiles on the Start Screen
- Making Tiles Larger or Smaller
- Removing Tiles
- Adding New Tiles to the Start Screen
- Changing Windows Colors
- Changing Your Profile Picture
- Configuring Windows Settings
- Setting Up Additional Users
- Switching Between Users
Setting Up Additional Users
Chances are you’re not the only person using your computer; it’s likely that you’ll be sharing your PC with your spouse and kids, at least to some degree. Fortunately, you can configure Windows so that different people using your computer sign on with their own custom settings—and access to their own personal files. You do this by assigning each user in your household his own password-protected user account.
- Display the charms bar and click or tap Settings to display the Settings panel.
- Click or tap Change PC Settings to display the PC Settings page.
- Click or tap Users in the left column.
- Click or tap the Add a User button.
- When the Add a User screen appears, enter the person’s email address into the Email Address box. (If this person currently has a Microsoft Account, such as a Hotmail account, use the email address for that account.)
- Click or tap the Next button.
- If you enter an email address that is not associated with an existing Microsoft Account, you are prompted to enter additional information (first name, last name, ZIP code, and so forth) to create a new account. Do so, and then click the Next button.
- When prompted to add security verification info (phone number, alternate email, or secret question), do so, and then click the Next button.
- When the Finish Up screen appears, enter your birth date and gender, enter the CAPTCHA characters, and then click the Next button.
- When the final screen appears, click the Finish button.
When the Finish Up screen appears, enter your birth date and gender, enter the CAPTCHA characters, and then click the Next button.
When the final screen appears, click the Finish button on.