Customizing the Windows 8 Start Screen, Colors, and Other Settings
- Different Windows Lock Screens
- Customizing the Lock Screen Picture
- Adding Apps to the Lock Screen
- Rearranging Tiles on the Start Screen
- Making Tiles Larger or Smaller
- Removing Tiles
- Adding New Tiles to the Start Screen
- Changing Windows Colors
- Changing Your Profile Picture
- Configuring Windows Settings
- Setting Up Additional Users
- Switching Between Users
When you first turn on your new computer system, you see the Windows Lock screen, and then the Start screen, as Microsoft (or your computer manufacturer) set them up for you. If you like the way these screens look, great. If not, you can change them.
Windows presents a lot of different ways to personalize the look and feel of your system. In fact, one of the great things about Windows is how quickly you can make Windows look like your version of Windows, different from anybody else’s.