- Taking Advantage of Custom Settings
- Moving the Dock Around
- Changing the Dock's Size
- Customizing the Dock's Behavior
- Changing the Way the Finder Works
- Changing Your Desktop Picture
- Changing Your Screen Saver
- Changing Your Login Icon
- Changing Your Mac's Language
- Adding Login Items
- Increasing Your Mac's Security
- Adding New Dashboard Widgets
- Making Your Own Widgets
- Creating Custom Network Locations
Increasing Your Mac’s Security
Whether these settings are important to you depends on how vulnerable your Mac is to snoopy intruders. If your computer is in a dorm room or an open office, or if it’s a laptop, you’ll probably want to put at least some of these measures in place to ensure that unauthorized people can’t use it.
- Choose Apple menu, System Preferences.
- Click the Security & Privacy button to see your choices.
- Click the General button, and then click the Require password check box to make sure that only you can wake up the computer when it’s sleeping.
- Click the check boxes next to the other options to turn them on or off.