- Taking Advantage of Custom Settings
- Moving the Dock Around
- Changing the Dock's Size
- Customizing the Dock's Behavior
- Changing the Way the Finder Works
- Changing Your Desktop Picture
- Changing Your Screen Saver
- Changing Your Login Icon
- Changing Your Mac's Language
- Adding Login Items
- Increasing Your Mac's Security
- Adding New Dashboard Widgets
- Making Your Own Widgets
- Creating Custom Network Locations
This chapter is from the book
Adding Login Items
If, like many, you’re a creature of habit, you’ll love this feature. By designating login items for your user account, you can make any documents and apps you like open up automatically any time you log in to your Mac. You might want to start up your email and calendar programs every time you log in, for example.
- Choose Apple menu, System Preferences.
- Click Users & Groups in the System Preferences window.
- Click Login Items.
- Click Add.
- Navigate to the application or file you want to open automatically; then click Add.