How Can I Get More of It?
At some point, you may start getting close to the limit of your free 5GB of storage space. Before you buy more space, you can try to reduce the space you are using. For example, you can delete your unneeded emails and then erase the deleted items in the Trash.
If you do need to purchase more space (or reduce your amount of additional space), follow these steps:
- Click the System Preferences icon in the Dock or open Launchpad and click the icon there.
- Click iCloud and click Manage.
- Click Buy More Storage. The screen shown in Figure 5.6 opens.
Figure 5.6. Apple charges the credit card on file with your Apple ID for the extra storage.
- Select the amount of space you want, click Next, and follow the prompts.
If you want to downgrade your storage amount, click Downgrade Options instead and select the amount you want.
- When finished, close the System Preferences window.