- Getting Started
- Understanding FileMaker Pro Features
- Using the Status Toolbar
- Working in FileMaker Pro
- Working with Records
- Working with Fields
- Working with Related Data
- Finding Data with FileMaker
- Importing and Exporting Data
- Using the Web Viewer
- FileMaker Extra: Becoming a FileMaker Pro Power User
Using the Web Viewer
No overview of FileMaker’s features would be complete without a discussion of the Web Viewer. First introduced in FileMaker Pro 8.5, the Web Viewer provides a way to display data from the Web on a FileMaker Pro layout. As long as an Internet connection exists, the data can be live, and the user can interact with it much as with a browser.
The Web Viewer does not replace a browser, but it does provide a very significant set of features to users of FileMaker Pro. Because the address used to set up the Web Viewer is a calculation, you can display a Web Viewer that presents a map of a customer location from your database. You can display a client web page containing contact information so that you do not have to continually update your Contact Management database with new telephone extensions and mail stops.
- For more information on the Web Viewer, see Chapter 13, “Using the Web Viewer.”