- Selecting a Drawing Mode
- Creating Pixel Aligned Objects
- Creating Rectangles and Ellipses
- Creating Polygons and Stars
- Creating Line Segments
- Creating Arcs and Spirals
- Creating Grids
- Using the Shape Builder Tool
- Creating Perspective Objects
- Working with Perspective Objects
- Customizing a Perspective Grid
- Using the Selection Tool
- Using the Direct Selection Tool
- Using the Lasso Tool
- Using the Magic Wand Tool
- Selecting and Grouping Objects
- Selecting Similar Objects
- Saving and Editing Selections
- Moving Objects
- Duplicating Objects
- Aligning and Distributing Objects
- Transforming Objects
- Using the Free Transform Tool
- Rotating and Scaling Objects
- Reflecting and Shearing Objects
- Applying Multiple Transformations
- Reshaping Objects with Envelopes
Working with Perspective Objects
The Perspective Selection tool allows you to select, move, scale, copy, and transform objects in perspective. You can also add normal objects, text, and symbols to the perspective grid. When you move or change a normal object to the perspective grid, its appearance and scale change to adhere to the grid. You can select perspective objects in the grid with the Perspective Selection tool by clicking individual objects or dragging a selection marquee, just like normal objects.
Modify Perspective Objects
Click the View menu, point to Perspective Grid, and then click Show Grid.
Click the Perspective Selection tool on the Tools panel.
To work with perspective objects on the grid, do any of the following:
- Move Perspective Objects. Select the object, and then drag it to another position or use the Arrow keys. Press tilde (~) to constrain the move to parallel.
- Move or Copy Perspective Objects and Grid Plane. Double-click a grid plane control, click the Move All Objects or Copy All Objects option, click OK, and then drag the grid plane control.
- Copy Perspective Objects. Select the object, and then Option+drag (Mac) or Alt+drag (Win) it to another position.
- Resize Perspective Objects. Select the object, and then drag a resize handle.
- Add Normal Objects. Select the active plane, and then drag the normal object to the plane.
- Add Text and Symbols. Select an existing normal text or symbol, and then drag it on the active plane. To modify the text and symbols, use the Edit Text, Edit Perspective, and Isolate Selected Object buttons on the Control panel.