- Keep Your Trip Details Organized in One Place
- Take Advantage of an Interactive Travel Guide App
- Avoid Over-Spending on Purchases
- Communicate with the Locals
- Choose the Best Places to See, Dine, and Experience
- Dont Let Unexpected Bad Weather Ruin Your Trip
- Keep Track of What Time It Is
- Take and Share Photos of Your Trip
- Make International Calls
- Stay Entertained During Long Flights
Make International Calls
The Skype (free) or Line2 (free) apps allow you to make free calls from overseas back to the U.S. if you’re calling other Skype or Line2 users. However, these same apps can also be used to make or receive international calls to and from landlines or cell phones for just pennies per minute.
As along as an Internet connection is available, your iPhone or iPad can be used as a feature-packed phone, complete with call waiting, hold, conference calling, and voice mail. You’ll enjoy clear connections without having to pay international roaming fees or long distance charges.
Of course, you can also use Skype or FaceTime (free) to take part in free, real-time video conferences with other Skype or FaceTime users, as long as your iOS mobile device has access to a Wi-Fi Internet connection.